Thursday, March 25, 2010

New Sponsor- TRIWAY

Proper bike fit is one of the single most important things for a competitive biker. When every pedal stroke counts its nice to know you and your bike are operating at 100% efficiency.

The past two yrs I have been lucky enough to have had Luke Way fitting my bikes for me. Luke is a fellow Jasperite who now lives in Calgary and operates TriWay bike fitting. His setup is second to none with lazers, live video feeds, wattage meters etc. When I leave his place I know my bike and I our working at optimum efficieny and I have one less thing to worry about for the yr. Thanks Luke!

Check out his site at http://www.triway.ca/


After last weekends sub-par results my perfectly fitting road bike and I took on the local race scene in Victoria on Sunday. I was a little nervous going into the Newton Heights hilly criterium as the course is just over 3 minutes long and half of that is a steep climb. Doing 15 laps of the course is the equivalent of doing 15 x 1.5 min max intervals with 1.5 min "rest" between.

Not too keen on doing an interval session I attacked on the first lap and set a high tempo for the race. Too my suprise nobody followed and after 13 laps I lapped the field and took the first victory of 2010! A low key local race is nothing to get to excited about but its definatly a confidence booster to know that the winter training has been effective thusfar.

4 comments:

BikingBakke said...

good for you on the race, and I've always been happy with my fittings with Luke too - he's good.

Jean Ann Berkenpas said...

Great job on the race! It's a good thing you are strong so that you can optimize your "mtb tactics" on the road.

Ronald J said...

Hello Loco Amigo. Congratulations for your result... It seems that yout winter trainning in Costa Rica, was not a very good idea! it seems that our nasty hills and trails helped you a lot. Take care and recover soon.

greetings

Mical Dyck said...

Good job !!! You're going to have an awesome season :)